Western Digital latest VelociRaptors, available with 450 GB or 600 GB of storage, are the only 10,000 RPM drives in the market that support the SATA 6-Gb-per-second interface standard. The drives come with a five-year warranty. The price of this 600-GB Hard Disk Drive is estimated as $329.
Features of Western Digital VelociRaptor HDD:
- It support the SATA 6-Gb-per-second interface standard
- Western Digital boosts storage in the new drives by increasing the platter density to 200 GB from 150 GB
- It include a 32-MB cache and a mean time between failures of 1.4 million hours.
- The VelociRaptor line contains technology that protects its rotation mechanism in a vibration-prone, multi-drive chassis by parking recording heads off the disk during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off.
- The new drives come in a 2.5-inch form factor.