Nokia on Tuesday launched the N97, the manufacturer’s first smartphone to feature both a touchscreen and a slide-out full Qwerty keyboard. After the Nokia 5800, the N97 is the company’s second-ever touchscreen mobile phone. The Nokia N97 is slightly larger and heavier than Apple’s iPhone one of its main rivals. Its 3.5-inch screen is the same size as that of the iPhone, but at 640×360 pixels, its resolution outstrips that of the 480×320-pixel iPhone screen. The N97 can also handle Flash video in its browser something the iPhone cannot do. The N97 has 32GB of inbuilt flash storage and can take microSD cards of up to 16GB in capacity. The Finnish manufacturer claims the device’s 1500mAh battery can handle one-and-a-half days of continuous music playback. Connectivity options include Bluetooth 2.0, HSDPA, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi and a Micro-USB port. The handset can also take standard 3.5mm headphone jacks, and a 5-megapixel camera with flash is included
Nokia, the worlds largest handset maker, has unveiled its first touch screen phone at Rs 19,999 in India, besides announcing the launch of its Beta music store.
India has 30 million music handset owners and with the launch of this new phone from the companys platform will further increase that number,Nokia Managing Director (India) Shiv Kumar said while talking to reporters in the capital.
He said the new phone – Nokia 5800 XpressMusic – will be available in the domestic market by this year.
The Beta music store, which will go live on December 18, will be available for commercial use for the customrs in the first quarter of 2009
The new 5800 express music comes with a 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera, along with a 8 GB memory card and will be available in three colours.
This phone is an absolute stunner to look at
* A nice shiny blue trim sits along the long edges and curves its way round to the back of the phone.
* The screen itself measures 2.2in diagonally.but it is large enough for what is on offer here, and as ever with Sony Ericsson the TFT is sharp and bright, the 240 x 320 pixels clear.
* Sony Ericsson has thrown in a motion sensor so that when you twist the phone in your hand the screen swivels round.
* As ever this is great for things like photo/video viewing and web browsing.
* Battery life was reasonable.
* Sony Ercisson quotes up to nine hours of GSM talk and 385 hours on standby.
* There is a front-facing camera for video calls, while the main camera shoots at up to 3.2-megapixels
wow!! seriously the gaming scene in India is heating up.
A month after Nintendo announced its Indian launch of the Wii and the handheld gaming device- the Nintendo DS.
Next, Sony has also announced a new addition to its lineup of gaming devices for the Indian market. This time it’s in the form of the Playstation Portable 3000 (PSP 3000). The Indian launch was announced in Mumbai this weekend by Sony and the price for the PSP 3000 will be Rs. 9,490.
* The newest avatar of the PSP that was originally launched in Japan in October.
* The new PSP features a better screen that Sony promises offers better colors and is overall more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. It also features an anti-glare screen.
* It can also be used as a communications device thanks to its Wi-Fi compatibility.