Opera 10 cutting-edge come with new technology named as Unite. This New function allows you to set up a Unite network with your machine as a server so that your friends and family gets authenticated access to shared files through URLs.
How this unite network can be done?
* Â To do this you have to create a free account with Opera.
* Â You are given a URL preceded by your computer name. If you call you machine userxx, the URL will be http://userxx.username.operaunite.com.
* Â The application can be used to share anything from simple files to a media player.
* Â It also has applications like Fridge which act as a pin board where you can leave messages for friends and Document Courier which lets you upload a file to your PC from anywhere.
* Â It can even double as a live messenger.
* Â You also have the option of making your shared files public or password protected, but I would have loved it to have multiple usernames and passwords.
* Â Opera’s Notes feature would have ability to attach the notes to specific websites.
* Â Also users have to configure their email in Opera or use a webmail service such as Yandex, Fastmail, OperaMail or Mail.ru to send the notes to a friend.
* Â As UPNP is enabled by default on most routers, there is no need to change setting to get this feature to work.