Tata Motors today formally launched the Rs 1 lakh Car in Mumbai.
Speaking at the launch late on Monday evening, Tata Motors unveiled the Nano.
Ravi Kant, Managing Director of Tata Motors, said the base version of the car would priced at Rs 1 lakh (ex-factory) while the AC version would be priced between Rs 1.39 and Rs 1.42 lakh (ex-Delhi). The deluxe version of the Nano, he added, would cost Rs 1.7 lakh (ex-Delhi).
Tata Nano: The big small dream
Today is another day in the journey of the Nano,Ratan Tata, Chairman of the Tata Group, said at a press conference, outlining the six-year journey of the ultra low-cost small car. It is not just a cheap car but a car that will give the people of India an opportunity to drive.
In the next few days, the Nano will be available in various Tata Motors showroom,Tata said, adding that the sale of Nano booking forms will start from April 9-25 and one lakh applicants will be selected randomly and the cost of the booking forms will be Rs 300.
Specifications of the Nano:
Length: 3 metres
Top speed: 105 km per hour
Meets all Indian safety regulations
Comes with an 18-month warranty or 24,000 km (whichever is earlier)
Will be offered in three versions: Base variant, CX version (with heating and air condition) and LX version (front power windows, fog lamps).
– Booking starts at Rs 3,000
– Along with the booking form, customers will also get gift vouchers
– State Bank of India is exclusive partner, booking in 850 cities with SBIs 1300 branches
– Westside and Croma stores will sell forms and accept booking forms
– First 1 lakh Nano allotments will be randomly selected, Rs 1 lakh price tag will be protected
– Financing for Tata Nano available at 8.5% per annum for first year